Spring has hit, cherry blossoms are in bloom, and the weather is getting a bit warmer and drier. Spring and summer on Vancouver’s North Shore are all about new adventures, new experiences, and getting closer to nature.
Here are some of our favourite activities to do outside on Vancouver’s North Shore.
- Head out on the water by renting a boat at Sewell’s Marina in Horseshoe Bay, Deep Cove Marina, or Lonsdale Boat Rentals in Mosquito Creek Marina.
- Hit the North Shore’s world famous mountain biking trails. With trails for beginners to experienced rides everyone can grab a helmet and experience the thrills.
- Kayak in the tranquil seawaters of Deep Cove or Indian Arm.
- Vancouver’s North Shore hosts some of the best salmon fishing opportunities in the Lower Mainland.
- The West Vancouver seawall offers perfect views of Vancouver’s Stanley Park, the Lion’s Gate Bridge, and the freighters moored in English Bay.
- Vancouver is one of the best places to go hiking in the world. From seaside hiking to urban wilderness, leisurely jaunt or strenuous workout, North and West Vancouver have a trail for every occasion and hiker.
- Scuba divers will find Whytecliff Park is one of the best spots in British Columbia!
- Whether it’s the full 18 holes or a family game of pitch and putt, we have seven golf courses to choose from.
- Get up close and personal with local wildlife by climbing aboard a sea safari with an experienced guide with Sewell’s Sea Safari.
- The Grouse Grind is known as “Mother Nature’s Stairmaster” and offers and intense 2,830-stair workout. Slow and steady wins the race and Grouse Mountain offers plenty of refreshments and activities at the top.
- River kayakers can ride the gushing rapids of the Capilano or Seymour rivers.
- Adrenaline seekers will find their next fix speeding through the trees on the Grouse Mountain ziplines.
- Cast out your rod to do some deep-sea fishing with a salmon fishing sea charter. Chinook (King), Coho (Silvers), Pinks, chum and Sockeye all can be found in the waters surrounding Vancouver’s North Shore.
- Step on a paddleboard and enjoy the views at Deep Cove.