Mount Seymour is a Vancouver family owned and operated ski hill delivering a relaxed West Coast feel only 30 minutes drive from downtown Vancouver.
Since 1984, the Wood family has owned and operated Mt Seymour and pride themselves on staying true to the mountain’s roots and creating a welcoming family atmosphere offering snowboarding and skiing lessons
Located in the Mt Seymour Provincial Park, the ski and snowboard area’s proximity to the Pacific Ocean, eastern aspect and the high base elevation provide an average annual snowfall of over 1,000cm.
The ski area’s 80 hectares of terrain, which includes 40 hectares lit for night skiing, features gentle slopes where beginners will progress rapidly and excel but also provides advanced skiers and snowboarders with naturally contoured slopes, gullies, tree runs, and terrain parks.
Mt. Seymour was previously voted the #1 snowshoe resort in North America by Snowshoe Magazine. More accolades for Mt. Seymour as its Terrain Parks were rated #2 in Western Canada by SBC Resort Guide.
Stay up-to-date with Mt Seymour’s iPhone app
With Mt Seymour’s free smartphone app guests can get info on snow conditions, weather forecasts, lift status, driving directions, offers and deals, alpine and snowshoe trail maps, events and much more.
The free Mt Seymour app is available on iTunes.
Skiing & Snowboarding
- 23 runs from beginner to expert (40% Green, 40% Blue, 20% Black)
- 5 lifts (3 double chairs, 1 covered magic carpet, 1 tots area magic carpet)
- Vertical drop 330m. Summit elevation 1,265m
- Three progressive freestyle terrain parks
- 12 runs lit for night skiing every evening (Mid-Dec to late-Mar)
- Ski & snowboard school for single day, multi-day and private lessons
- Ski and snowboard equipment rentals
- Mt. Seymour Trail Map & Stats
Snowshoeing – The Discovery Trails
- 10km+ of marked and maintained trails. Plus extensive BC Park trails.
- Guided Snowshoe Tours
- Snowshoe rentals available
- Get a Snowshoe Trail Map
Snow Tubing & Tobogganing
- 4 tubing lanes with a vertical drop of 100 meters
- Tube tow for easy trip back up
- 8 toboggan lanes (crazy carpets available for sale)
Mount Seymour Information
1700 Mount Seymour Road
North Vancouver, BC
Guest Services: 604-986-2261. Ext 1 for the snow report.
It is accessed via the Mount Seymour Parkway. Take your 3rd exit off 2nd Narrows Bridge heading into North Vancouver and drive ~10mins. Turn left on Mount Seymour road (Parkgate Shopping Mall will be on your left).
Located only 15km from downtown Vancouver, it is strategically situated close to many Vancouver hotels.
A low cost Shuttle Bus is available from the Parkgate Community Centre and Lonsdale Quay.