Tourism Marketing Intern
This volunteer placement calls for a current student or new graduate with a passion in marketing and tourism. With the support and mentorship of our team, you will gain valuable industry experience in areas including but not limited to – marketing, social media, content planning, and the tourism sector.
- Assist with tourism marketing and promotion initiatives
- Identify audiences and prepare and execute communications tactics
Update and maintain VNSTA databases
- Engaging with visitors and potential visitors on social media
- Additional projects as assigned
- Gain valuable communications experience
- Build skills in Tourism Marketing and digital marketing
- Develop team and administrative skills
- A knowledge and love of Vancouver’s North Shore
- A passion for the tourism industry
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Communications wizard with knowledge of social media practices
A 4 month project with a minimum of 8 hours per week. The role is flexible and remote but meetings will take place on the North Shore and in Downtown Vancouver.
This is an unpaid position. VNSTA will work with intern to complete the paperwork necessary to obtain school credit.
Send your resume and cover letter to Anisa Musmary, Marketing Coordinator – email@example.com before the deadline of 5pm, May 31, 2018.
Vancouver’s North Shore Tourism Association (VNSTA) is a destination marketing organization that promotes the North Shore as a unique four-season tourist destination. The region that VNSTA promotes spans from Deep Cove in North Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. It includes three municipalities: the District of West Vancouver, the District of North Vancouver, and the City of North Vancouver.
The North Shore is home to Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain, Mount Seymour, the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Sewell’s Sea Safari, Deep Cove Canoe and Kayak and much more. It is also where free ride mountain biking began. The North Shore is renowned as an outdoor playground due to its geography and easy access to nature. It’s only minutes from downtown Vancouver. You will find the North Shore on the mountainside of Vancouver.