There is so much to see and do on Vancouver's North Shore during the holiday season. We have our annual family friendly festivities that run through the month of December like Canyon Lights and the Peak of Christmas. This year the North Pole BC has moved to a new indoor location in North Vancouver. There are also beautiful Christmas light displays and free community events to help get you into the holiday spirit.
Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge
4-9pm November 30, 2013 - January 4, 2014
- Stunning Christmas light display
- Scavenger hunt for children
- Gingerbread cookie decorating
- Christmas carol sing-a-long
- Glass blowing demonstrations
Peak of Christmas on Grouse Mountain
November 23 to December 24, 2013
- Visit Santa's Workshop
- Outdoor Skating 9am-10pm
- Reindeer Ranger Talks 2 & 4pm
- Sleigh Rides 9am-9pm
- Visit Prancer
North Pole BC at Lynn Valley Centre
November 23 - December 24, 2013
- Christmas event for children and families
- Help Santa and his Elves find the lost toys
- Visit with Santa, Mrs. Claus and the Elves
- Enjoy interactive scenes and activities
Christmas at the Theatre
Mrs. Claus' Kitchen
Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen is a holiday musical for the whole family. Mrs. Ages 7+
Winter Solstice 2013
December 15, 2013 @ 4pm
Ballet students from Pacific DanceArts and special guest Coastal City Ballet.
VSO A Traditional Christmas
December 20, 2013 @ 4 & 7:30pm
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra's Christmas concert presents heartwarming Christmas music and carols.
A Family Christmas
December 21, 2013 7:30pm
Bring the family to enjoy the Lions Gate Sinfonia's with excerpts from The Nutcracker, plus audience sing-along.
December 22 @ 1 & 4pm
Royal City Youth Ballet
More Holiday Events
- To Jan 4 Dundarave Festival of Lights
- To Dec 31 Park & Tilford Holiday Hi-Light Festival
- To Jan 4 Parade of Trees
- Salmon House on the Hill
- Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier
- Northlands Breakfast with Santa
- Christmas Lunch at The Observatory
Head Up the Mountains & Play in the Snow
To help you get into the holiday spirit you might want to head up one of our local hills to play in the snow.
Cypress Mountain - Open
Cypress Mountain is the largest local mountain, and is just a short drive from downtown Vancouver. Cypress Mountain has 52 runs for skiers, boarders and snowshoers of all abilities. There are also 16 kilometres of groomed and track-set trails for Nordic skiing.
- Cypress Mountain Trail maps
- Hike or Snowshoe to the Cypress Creek Lodge and have a cup of hot cocoa
- Take the kids to the Cypress Snow Tube Park
Grouse Mountain - Open
During the winter Grouse Mountain is an excellent place to enjoy a winter wonderland. In addition to snow sports, the mountaintop has theatres, chairlifts and an ice rink to enjoy.
- Skiing - 26 ski and snowboard runs, 14 night runs & 4 chairlifts
- Snowboarding - 2 terrain parks plus the Cut Jump Line
- Snowshoeing - 10km of snowshoe trails
Mt. Seymour - Opening Date TBA
Mt. Seymour has a new high speed quad chair. Visit the #1 rated snowshoe resort in North America by Snowshoe Magazine in October 2012.
Winter Hotel Packages
- Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier - Grouse Mountain Ski Package from $219
- Lonsdale Quay Hotel - Canyon Lights Package from $165
- North Vancouver Hotel - Snowshoe Package from $100
- North Vancouver Hotel - Cypress Mountain Package from $120