There is so much to see and do on Vancouver's North Shore during the holiday season. We have our annual family friendly festivities that run through the month of December like Canyon Lights and the Peak of Christmas. This year the North Pole BC has moved to a new indoor location in North Vancouver. There are also beautiful Christmas light displays and free community events to help get you into the holiday spirit.
Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge
2014 Dates TBA
- Stunning Christmas light display
- Scavenger hunt for children
- Gingerbread cookie decorating
- Christmas carol sing-a-long
- Glass blowing demonstrations
Peak of Christmas on Grouse Mountain
November 28, 2014 to January 5, 2015
- Visit Santa's Workshop
- Outdoor Skating 9am-10pm
- Reindeer Ranger Talks 2 & 4pm
- Sleigh Rides 9am-9pm
- Visit Prancer
North Pole BC at Lynn Valley Centre
2014 Dates TBA
- Christmas event for children and families
- Help Santa and his Elves find the lost toys
- Visit with Santa, Mrs. Claus and the Elves
- Enjoy interactive scenes and activities
Head Up the Mountains & Play in the Snow
To help you get into the holiday spirit you might want to head up one of our local hills to play in the snow.
Cypress Mountain is the largest local mountain, and is just a short drive from downtown Vancouver. Cypress Mountain has 52 runs for skiers, boarders and snowshoers of all abilities. There are also 16 kilometres of groomed and track-set trails for Nordic skiing.
- Cypress Mountain Trail maps
- Hike or Snowshoe to the Cypress Creek Lodge and have a cup of hot cocoa
- Take the kids to the Cypress Snow Tube Park
During the winter Grouse Mountain is an excellent place to enjoy a winter wonderland. In addition to snow sports, the mountaintop has theatres, chairlifts and an ice rink to enjoy.
- Skiing - 26 ski and snowboard runs, 14 night runs & 4 chairlifts
- Snowboarding - 2 terrain parks plus the Cut Jump Line
- Snowshoeing - 10km of snowshoe trails
Mt. Seymour has a new high speed quad chair. Visit the #1 rated snowshoe resort in North America by Snowshoe Magazine in October 2012.