Wondering what to do when you visit Vancouver's North Shore? Of course we are known for our abundance of outdoor activities, but North Vancouver is also home to top attractions, great shopping and lots of great places to eat.
We have created a top 10 list to help you decide what to do when visiting North Vancouver and West Vancouver. These are our recommendations for must-see and must do.
Top 10 List of Things to Do On the North Shore
- Experience Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, Cliffwalk, and Treetop Adventure. A Canadian Tourism Hall of Fame recipient.
- Visit any of the three local mountains to ski in fifteen minutes from the city - Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain or Mt. Seymour
- Take the Skyride up to the Peak of Vancouver at Grouse Mountain for amazing city views.
- Snowshoe at Mount Seymour. Named as the best snowshoe trail park by Snowshoe Magazine 2012.
- Walk the West Vancouver seawall.
- Drive up Cypress Mountain and ski or board at a 2010 Olympic venue.
- Visit Thomas Haas Chocolates and Patisserie. A local favourite!
- Canoe, kayak or paddle board in Deep Cove - a charming waterfront village.
- Take a tour of Horseshoe Bay and be sure to enjoy a meal while watching the BC Ferries coming and going
- Go mountain biking on one of the North Shore's renowned free riding trails.