Come splash with us as we officially open The Shipyards at the Waterfront. We’ve got a fun-filled, water-themed community celebration planned and you don’t want to miss it! Enjoy activity and
Come splash with us as we officially open The Shipyards at the Waterfront. We’ve got a fun-filled, water-themed community celebration planned and you don’t want to miss it!
Enjoy activity and entertainment throughout the Waterfront for all ages including:
- A family zone with kid-focussed programming including: a performance by Bobs and Lolo, a craft station, interactive art, face painting and balloon twisting
- A community procession lead by Mayor Buchanan and Council along the Spirit Trail to Shipyard Commons
- The official turning on of the new water park by Mayor Buchanan
- A variety of live music, entertainment and dance performances
- The popular ‘Fall for Local’ market with free admission
- Special promotions from surrounding businesses including Welcome Parlour, Method Cycling, Joey’s Restaurant, NOOK and JamJar
- A scavenger hunt and Shipyard Pals performance
- Roving performers throughout The Shipyards
- Harbour activities including the Seaspan tug boat ballet and Vancouver Fire Boat
Help us celebrate the opening of this amazing year-round people place!
About The Shipyards
Over the past decade, the City’s waterfront lands have been transformed into a unique, interactive, year-round destination that includes over 85,000 square feet of commercial and community amenity space. The Shipyards features restaurants, cafes, shops and services, a boutique hotel, space for community events, concerts and markets, plus the region’s largest outdoor skating rink in the winter and a water park in the summer.
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Comments are closed.