Shop & Stay Rules and Regulations
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
- ELIGIBILITY: Vancouver’s North Shore’s “Shop & Stay Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of forty nine (49) United States (including the District of Columbia) (excluding Florida) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are at least 19 years of age or older at the contest start date for legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), and 21 years of age or older for legal residents of the United States (excluding Florida). Employees of Vancouver’s North Shore and the Holiday Inn and Suites North Vancouver, or of other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Vancouver’s North Shore (the “Sponsor”), a British Columbia organization, with a mailing address at 3rd Floor, 123 Carrie Cates Court, North Vancouver, BC V7M 3K7.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM PT on December 13, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on January 31, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER: 1. SIGN UP: Enter the contest by filling out this form. No purchase required to enter. 2. FOR ALL ENTRIES: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and email address, regardless of method of entry or number of submissions made. Additional entries will be disqualified. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void.
- RANDOM DRAWING: On or about February 5, 2019 the Sponsor will select one winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify a potential winner within ten (10) days of a drawing. Selected entrants will be contacted by email. Sponsor is not responsible for any entrant’s change of email. In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without mechanical aid and all selected entrants must be eligible according to the official rules. In the event a selected entrant cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of prize notification, or if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, another selected entrant will be chosen. The winner (who must both be age of 19 years if Canadian or 21 years if a US resident) agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability for any and all damages related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes or awarded Prizes.
- REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, a potential winner must complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within ten (10) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Up to three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted. If at that point, no entrant has claimed the prize, the prize may not be awarded.
- PRIZE: One (1) night accommodation in a Standard room at the Holiday Inn and Suites North Vancouver (the “Prize 1”) and one (1) $100 (Cdn) gift certificate to Park Royal Shopping Centre (the “Prize 2”), all as arranged by Vancouver’s North Shore, subject to change. ALL EXPENSES, COSTS, AND TAXES NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED ABOVE ARE SOLELY THE WINNER’S RESPONSIBILITY. The actual retail value will vary based on accommodation, time of year, and currency exchange rates. Any legal documentation required for travel, including, but not limited to, valid passports and/or visas, shall be the responsibility of the winner and his/her travel companions. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any mode of transportation or event. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen gift certificates. The prize is not transferable. Prize 2 is valid from January 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019 and October 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019 (subject to room type availability and blackout dates) with reservations accepted 14 days prior to arrival and the gift certificate must be presented upon check-in. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. THE PRIZE MAY BE REPORTED AS INCOME TO A WINNER AND THE WINNER MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND REPORTING OF ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF A PRIZE. CONSULT WITH YOUR TAX ADVISOR FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation if these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited, in cases of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Sponsor, or in cases of breach by the Sponsor of any of its obligations under these Official Rules, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree not to make any claim against the Sponsor, its members (including but not limited to member hotels or attractions) its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) relating to your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree to compensate any of the Released Parties if they incur or suffer any loss, damage, or other liability as a result of your negligence or breach of these Official Rules. And you agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. It is the responsibility of the entrant to fully disclose all allergies and food sensitivities to the Sponsor and the Released Parties as appropriate.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of BC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than BC.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Shop & Stay Giveaway Contest, 3rd Floor 123 Carrie Cates Court North Vancouver V7M 3K7, Canada. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.